August 2, 2010

B.o.B MySpace Music/HP Concert Recap


Over the weekend MySpace Music and HP held a free concert in Atlanta featuring local artist turned global star B.o.B. The concert took place at Centerstage and was open to all ages.

Upon arriving at the show I checked out the press lounge which featured various products from HP and Beats By Dre including the HP Envy 14 with Beats Audio. A rep even schooled me on the audio technology featured on the line of HP computers with Beats Audio. What Beats Audio does is it makes the music on your computer much more clear and crisp, the way artists intended it to be. I was able to compare music played both with and without Beats Audio and there's definitely a huge difference in sound quality. Now on to the show...

I missed the majority of the opening acts, but I did get there in time to see Playboy Tre perform a few songs. And no offense to B.o.B but Playboy Tre, Sean Falyon, and Scar performing "Wonderful Life" was easily my favorite part of the evening. It's without a doubt one of the best songs of last year in my opinion. Definitely check that out if you haven't.

Since the show was to be streamed live on MySpace they started precisely at 9 p.m. Hooray! We all know that timeliness isn't big at Hip Hop shows. First off, these kids go crazy for B.o.B. They pretty much jumped around, waved their hands in the air, sang along, etc. the entire show.

As expected B.o.B performed all of his hit songs including "Nothin' On You," "Airplanes," "Past My Shades," and more. The ladies (and even a few gentleman) really got their swoon on when he performed "Nothin' On You," singing along to every word of the chorus. I would have to say that the highlight of B.o.B's performance was him performing "I'll Be In The Sky." It's a favorite of mine and it's clearly one of the songs that helped launch his career.

During the show B.o.B went from one extreme to the other, stage diving into the more than eager crowd and later breaking out his guitar for a few lovey dovey slow songs. The show actually ended quite abruptly with B.o.B ending his final song with "Thanks. I'm B.o.B! Bye!" I personally think it was a planned attempt at an encore. The audience, which I think was somewhat thrown aback by B.o.B's quick exit, began to chant B-O-B and low and behold B.o.B came out and performed another handful of songs. Among those songs was "Airplanes" and lucky for ya'll I actually have FlipCam footage of B.o.B performing the song below. Check it out.