August 30, 2010

Rimmel London's Waterproof/Sunproof Products


Summer may be coming to an end, but that doesn't mean you have to ditch the waterproof makeup. Fortunately, makeup brand Rimmel London provides a line of waterproof makeup that's perfect all year long. From eyeliner in sultry shades to polishes that pop Rimmel definitely has you covered.

Although it isn't necessarily waterproof, one of my favorite products from Rimmel is the Lasting Finish Pro Nail Enamel. It lasts much longer than your average polish and includes a number of crazy "features" like UV fade protection to protect nails against the fading sometimes caused by the sun. The polish includes a Mistake-Free Pro Brush which I can't completely vouch for because I've definitely made a mistake or two while using it. And to be honest you might be more likely to make mistakes because the brush takes a little getting used to in my opinion.

As far as waterproof products Rimmel does sell both a waterproof mascara and eyeliner: Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer and Sexy Curves Waterproof Mascara. The mascara gives your lashes lots of volume while the eye definer is perfect for a sultry look that'll last even after contact with water.

Sorry ladies, but Rimmel doesn't offer a waterproof lipstick/lipgloss/etc. In fact, I'm sure that probably doesn't exist. But if you're looking for protection against the sun their Moisture Renew Lip Colour does protect lips from the harmful effects of the sun with a SPF of 18. I'm big on SPF, I know that sounds corny but please believe that the sun is NOT my friend. I always make sure that whatever moisturizer and lip balm I'm wearing has some kind of SPF in it. So it's really nice to be able to buy a lipstick that already offers SPF coverage. As an added bonus the Lip Colour provides enough moisture so you can pretty much skip the lip balm altogether.

For more on Rimmel London and to make a purchase visit RimmelLondon.com.