September 17, 2009

"And The Nominees Are..."


As most of you may know, BET announced the nominee's for the 2009 BET Hip Hop Awards on Wednesday, September 16. No I am not here to express my excitement regarding the nominations, but instead I plan on pointing out how one of the most out of touch networks in the nation (BET...duh) has screwed up yet again. And GO!

Let's first start off with the brand-spanking new category Best Hip-Hop "Blog" Site. I guess we can't find it all that surprising that BET really has no idea what a blog is. Here's the nominees:

All Hip Hop (Not a blog! Obviously)
Nah Right (Should obviously take the win)
SOHH (90.2% sure they aren't a blog either. Well, they obviously didn't start out as one...)
This Is 50 (50 Cent is my arch enemy)
World Star Hip Hop (Lies...obviously)

Why aren't 2DopeBoyz nominated???

And on a side note, the award for Best Use Of The Word "Obviously" In A Blog Entry About The BET Hip Hop Awards goes to...*drum roll*...ME! Sorry, I get kind of zany when I blog past 11:30.

My other grave concern is the fact that "Ice Cream Paint Job" is even nominated. Who the f**k is Dorrough? Is this dude even Hip Hop? Yea...didn't think so.

In my opinion, the only truly decent category with noteworthy artists is Rookie Of The Year (minus Dorrough). You've got Wale, Drake, Kid Cudi, and B.o.B. I mean all the nominee's in that category were pretty predictable, but at least there's some talent there (aside from the categories with Jay-Z, TI, Kanye, etc).

Oh Oh! Actually, I'm quite impressed that BET added Q'Tip's The Renaissance to their CD Of The Year category. I looove, love, looooved that album!

Aside from that, the usual suspects were nominated (i.e. TI, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Kanye West, etc).

Oh, and Kanye West received the most nominations. Nine, I believe. But don't expect Kanye to pull a "Taylor Swift" at this awards show. No, no, no.