September 20, 2009

Goodie Mob Reunion & Hennessy Artistry

Last night, I had the opportunity to see music icons Goodie Mob, The Roots, Common, and Boyz II Men perform live. It was AMAZING!

Both shows were great. I got to see Goodie Mob perform two of my favorite songs by them, "Soul Food" and "Beautiful Skin." And the environment was crazy! You could tell that everyone in Masquerade Park was feeling it...white people, black people, Hispanic people, everyone! They definitely gave us a reason to "Remember Atlanta." I really hope that as a result of Goodie Mob's monumental show that folks here will give more respect to the artists who paved the way for Atlanta Hip Hop.

Over at Hennessy Artistry, Common was bringing it with songs like "Used To Love H.E.R." and "The People", backed by The Roots. Aside from stellar performances by The Roots and Common, we were also treated to a surprise performance by legendary R&B group Boyz II Men. The audience went CRAZY, singing along to classic songs like "End Of The Road" and "Motown Philly."

I was able to get some FlipCam footage from both events, but please keep in mind that I failed FlipCam 101 and big, football player looking dudes like to stand directly in front of me whenever I'm trying to film something. But I did the best I could. Enjoy!