September 18, 2009

Travel Chan Stan


I love the Travel Channel. Yea, you could probably call me a "Travel Chan Stan." With so many networks out there playing pure nonsense I find it refreshing to be able to tune in to good ol' channel 60 (Travel Channel here in the ATL) and get a glimpse at how the rest of the world lives. I've always dreamed of travel to distant places and the Travel Channel has really inspired me to succeed at what I am doing so that one day I will be able to travel the world.

At the moment, I'd probably say No Reservations is easily my favorite show. Anthony Bourdain is THE MAN, enough said. But if you all thought Bourdain was a little zany then wait til you check out the guys from Madventures.

Just to kind of give you an idea of how wild this show is gonna be the very first clip I saw of Madventures Riku, one of the shows hosts, is videotaped getting a massage from a transvestite in Southeast Asia! Hilarious. I wish I could embed the video, but that option wasn't available so to check it out click here.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. For the first episode, Riku and his fellow-host Tunna visit a Brazilian favela run by gang members. But before stepping foot in the favela Riku gets a diamond sewn under his skin in case of a potential robbery? I add a question mark to that not because I'm unsure if he actually does it or not (because he does), but that's insane! Questionably insane! I'm quite sure there will be more madness to come when Riku and Tunna visit Southeast Asia, Russia, and more.

Madventures premieres on Travel Channel on Monday, September 21, at 10 E/P.

Be sure to check out the promo video for Madventures for a little taste of what this season has in store.