June 28, 2010

Ava Anderson Non-Toxic Lip Products (Review)


In a world full of products that are constantly being recalled because of harmful ingredients, toxicity levels, etc. there is Ava Anderson a product line that consists of makeup that is non-toxic. Check out my review of Ava Anderson's line of lip products which consists of lip balm, lip glosses, and lipsticks.

Ava Anderson Lip Balm - Of the three products I sampled this is easily my favorite. I love that it's made of a bunch of really good stuff like sweet almond oil, coconut oil, and shea butter. All of the products have an amazing minty smell thanks to the inclusion of spearmint leaf oil (which you can actually taste if you're into licking your lips, a la LL Cool J). It goes on really smooth and it keeps lips moisturized for hours. If it had more of a shine to it I would have no problem rocking the lip balm alone, no lip gloss or lipstick needed.

Ava Anderson Lip Gloss - The lip gloss is about average and I think a thicker gloss may have been more beneficial. I actually wish the line of glosses consisted of more colors. The line only consists of four colors: Tutu, Sunrise, Plum Tart, and Hot Chocolate. The first three I named have a reddish color to them and kind of look the same on (mostly clear with a slight reddish tint). I think it would be awesome if she incorporated a few darker colors and nude shades as well. Also, there's something about the applicator that kinda turned me off.

Ava Anderson Lipstick - First off, I must say that I'm not really the biggest lipstick fan. I hardly ever buy it because I've yet to find one that works for me. Okay, now that that's out the way...I'll first say that Ava Anderson's lipsticks are very moisturizing, one might even be able to bypass the lip balm all together. I know that's a sin in the world of lipstick, but it really is that moisturizing. Aside from that I found that the shade of the lipstick was somewhat different than how it appeared on the skin. Example...



I know that's not the best example. But I expected the color pictured above (Hot Cider) to be a lot darker on my lips than it really was. Also, the colors had a bit of sheerness to them which can be either good or bad depending on your preference in lipstick.

For pricing info or to check out more products from Ava Anderson visit AvaAndersonNonToxic.com.