December 21, 2009

Late Pass: Michael Franti & Spearhead "Say Hey"

I was half-watching VH1's Top Songs of 2009 countdown earlier today and on the countdown was this song called "Say Hey" by Michael Franti & Spearhead. And let me tell you, it is the ultimate feel good song. The chorus is full of "I Love You's" so I guess they were going for that vibe. I hopped on my 'puter and literally Googled "what's the name of the song that goes I love you, I love you" and I found it within seconds. Thank the heavens for the internet.

And what I really enjoyed about the music video is that it appears to be filmed somewhere in Brazil, my guess is Rio de Janeiro. But everyone is happy! And that's completely contrary to what you hear about Rio in the news. In fact, this video has inspired me to begin "Mission Get Danielle To Rio De Janeiro For The 2016 Summer Olympics." Wish me luck yo and peep the video!



Oh and P.S. Michael Franti is damn fine so ladies be extra sure to check out the video.