December 17, 2008

Tanya Morgan/A-OK Show Wrap-Up.

I had a great time at the Tanya Morgan/A-OK Collective show last night. It was the epitome of a perfect Hip Hop show. Even with all the snow/rain and that dumb broad who you want to knock out because she STAYS bumping in to you it was still a really good time. I didn't get to actually see the headlining act Souls Of Mischief perform because my roommates were ready to bounce. Damn lame's. They're not really Hip Hop heads. This is why I tend to go to Hip Hop shows solo lol. But all the performances I got to see were on point. Kosha Dillz did a nice couple of tracks. I loved the versatility of the A-OK Collective. Tanya Morgan was killing it...Don Will even stripped haha. When I find pics I'll definitely post them.

Last nights show was also one of the last Hip Hop shows to be peformed at the legendary Knitting Factory before they close for a few months and re-open in Williamsburg. I'm not really feeling the move to W-Burg. I've never been a fan of that area. That's hipster territory right there and the trains over there suck. The last Hip Hop show at Knitting Factory takes place on December 19 and will feature performances by Rakim, Black Thought, and more. Woooooah! Can't miss that! It's also an all ages event so all you youngins can come too :-)