August 3, 2009

Hennessy Artistry Series


I have to admit I was a little excited to read an e-mail this afternoon about the fourth annual Hennessy Artistry tour. Whenever there's great music and liquor involved it's bound to be a good time. And there will indeed be great music with The Roots and Common headlining the tour which will be making stops in Atlanta (yay!), Chicago, New York, and Houston in September/October.

Although I covered the red carpet for the finale of the event in New York City last year I wasn't actually able to check out the show. By the time I decided to head in for the performances (and free liquor) security was already claiming they were at capacity, you know, the whole fire hazard mumbo jumbo.

I can't front though, even though I wasn't allowed in I still had a decent time. Met some cool folks on the red carpet and got some decent quotes from artists attending the event.

I've been dying to see The Roots perform live so I will definitely be checking out this years show. For more information on Hennessy Artistry series click here.