September 28, 2008

Hip Hop Honors 2008!


This week, I'll be attending my third consecutive Hip-Hop Honors. Yay me! I almost consider it kind of a pre-birthday celebration since the taping of the show always takes place a week or two before my birthday which is October 13, so ya'll better have my gifts ready.

Aside from the 2 hours you wait in line and the two hours you spend waiting around in Hammerstein Ballroom, Hip Hop Honors has always been an event that I've looked forward to. One of my all time highlights was seeing Tribe Called Quest and Busta Rhymes perform last year at Hip Hop Honors. Tribe was going at it, Busta was going at it and the audience, myself included, went wild! It was a great time.

My biggest disappointment last year...NO FOOD OR FREE BEVERAGES. Compared to two years ago where they had free food and drinks (non-alcoholic of course). By the end of the show I was 'bout ready to pass out.

This year, I'm really excited about seeing Slick Rick and Naughty By Nature, but all the honoree's are great artists. Aside from Slick Rick and Naughty By Nature, this years honoree's include De La Soul, Cypress Hill, and Too $hort. With performances by Big Boi, Q-Tip, Scarface, Ghostface, and lots more!

Oh! And unlike the years before I WILL be hitting up the after parties. So holla...

I leave you with this...Slick Rick's "Children's Story" and the link to the Hip Hop Honors page where you can vote for the Website I wrote for (HipHopDX) as Best Hip Hop Site! So make sure you vote!

Vote for HipHopDX! Vote as much as you want! Tell your friends!