July 9, 2009

Slaughterhouse vs. Wu Tang


In the ultimate rap crew battle, who do you think would take the crown? In one corner you have the newly-formed super group Slaughterhouse and in the other corner you have legendary Hip Hop group Wu Tang Clan.

Now I gave this some thought and as much as I would like Wu Tang to win, because they are legends in my opinion...I'm gonna have to go with Slaughterhouse. If we were talking about a 1993 Wu Tang against a 2009 Slaughterhouse now that would be a totally different story. But this is 2009 Wu Tang we're talking about and I don't think they could outwin Slaughterhouse lyrically.

I think when people compare/contrast Wu Tang and Slaughterhouse and say Wu Tang would murder Slaughterhouse I think it's all just bias. It's hard to admit that one of Hip Hop's most recognized groups would get beat (lyrically) by some youngins (not that young).

Anywho, I'd love to know what you guys think on this. Which side would you choose: Wu Tang or Slaughterhouse?

Oh, and one more thing. If Wu and Slaught (peep the abbreviations) were ever to battle AND they just happened to include an R&B round Slaughterhouse would win hands down. Just peep the video...

The Slaughterhouse Rules from jeff on Vimeo.